Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

What Animation I like and why

Ok, so many people are kinda of wondering what type of animation I'm into. I just want to make it clear that I in every way admire anyone involved in animation. There are no limitations to animation, and that's what I love. As everyone else, I have preferences.. I love thick thick lines, that can go wild and not go straight (I find straight chachters borrrinnngg). I love exaggeration, I love cartoons that are overstatements. I love Inbetween work, instead of the constant flapping of the mouths like Japanese animation.

lets start with Shapes


This is the, normal triangle shaped used over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
again.










Then there's the turnip shape.










Lets compare Shapes

Preston Blairs Uses Round Shapes to create a more cartoon look, you can see there expressions are more.. Well in my own opinion, interesting.












then of cource there's














For me, I want the chatchters really really come to life, I want to see a true imatation of life, I want to see lots of inbetweens, I want to see great use of expressions and I want to be able to read what the chatchter is saying without sound. I just cant do that with Japanese animation. But I will say this, I love the art part of japanese animation in fact... just for all you Japanese fans out there...

I love Hayao Miyazaki, isnt he brilliant, and doesn't he tell the most incredible story's?? And isn't the art great? Including the animation. I wish they had Japanese animation like this on TV.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?